Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Birthday/Summer Sunset

I'm sitting in the basement, drinking a PBR, watching Anthony Bourdain No Reservations, waiting for my frozen pizza to cook. I just got back from my friend's birthday party, elsewhere in the state. It was a good time; spirits were high, not to mention our good cheer (get it?... ah, forget it.) I turned 20 myself a couple weeks ago. The day was slightly less depressing than I expected it to be, largely due to the smothering presence of friends and family. I can't really speak on the act of leaving teenhood itself; it doesn't mean much to me at the moment. All I can say is that I enter my twenties with more confidence than I entered my teens, though that's not saying much.

I'm going back to school in a few weeks. I have no idea what the school year will bring. I hope for the best, and I can't even envision the worst.

The summer was mixed. It was neither a great success or a huge failure. I planned to go through a huge reading list; I read a couple of books. I planned to get in shape; I ran and played frisbee occasionally. I planned to get my driver's license; I failed to do so, but I learned to drive.

So, I don't know. I don't even know what the point of this blog is anymore. But I enjoy writing in it, when I manage to get around to it. Have faith, friends; I imagine the school year will bring more excitement than I can hope to document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Confederates