Friday, October 9, 2009

You're Tearing Me Apart

Last night I got high and went into town to see Rebel Without a Cause. At the theater I noticed a guy from one of my classes working concessions and, due to my reactions being slowed, I stared at him for about ten seconds before realizing who he was. By that time he had noticed and tentatively waved, and I had made my awkwardness completely apparent. Normally I can use my quick wit to deflect moments of tension or social anxiety. Unfortunately, I cannot make jokes when I am high. My attempts at humor come out like the schizophrenic ramblings of a middle-school ADHD case.

I attempted to ask him for something and it came out like this: "Ah, yeah can I get some of the.... ummmm.... behind there the... over there... Junior Mints." It was among the top-five worst candy requests I have ever made.

It was all right, though. The movie was fun to watch and the Junior Mints were the perfect choice. When I got back I took a shower and drank a lot of beer. Last week I got way too excited and rowdy and really pissed off a friend--the first time I've ever done so in college. (I think.) So this time I promised myself I'd stay fairly mellow, to undercut the possibility of any more ill-advised shenanigans.

I capped off my night by throwing a pumpkin off the balcony.

1 comment:

Confederates